- Writer, the Word Processing module
- Calc, the Spreadsheet module
- Impress, the Presentation module
- Draw, the Drawing module
- Base, the Database module

Moderator: Moderator Team

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Postby Yvonne54 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:16 am

I downloaded open office 2.0 last week and cannot use it. Everytime I try to open any part, it gives me the same responce- a required .DLL file - STLPORT_VC7145.DLL - not found. I've tried finding this file online and have searched my pc for it. I have Windows ME, if that matters. Can someone tell me where I can download this file, or should I delete openoffice2.0 and start all over? I'm starting classes today and really need this program!! Please help?? Thank you, Yvonne
Yvonne54

Postby James » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:32 am

Hi Yvonne54,

STLPORT_VC7145.DLL is a library file in the OOo2 program directory (located at C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org2\program, if your computer/setup routine isn't finding it, then I suspect that you have a corrupted download. It is installed from the openofficeorg3.cab file in your download.

I will send you the file in a PM shortly, but if your download is corrupted, then it is likely that even if this file fixes this error, another will appear soon after.

I recommend either that you check the md5sum of your download (http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.2/md5sums.html) or get OOo2 on a CD (like our 8daysaweek CD for Windows).

BFN,
James :)
Win7 / LO 3.5.5.3
James

Postby makfrag » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:21 am

Hi , I have the same problem with yvonne, I also run on Win Me and I have installed the Oo 2, the latest version, it was working for a while but I have encountered a problem concerning the Oo 1.1 files which couldn't be opened...so I have done a repair to the installation of Oo 2 and now is asking for the STLPORT_VC7145.DLL......and nothing is working...please help me!!
makfrag

Postby James » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi makfrag,

If as you say you have had OOo working correctly, then a fresh install should fix the problem...
makfrag wrote:it was working for a while

I suggest you first completely uninstall both OOo2 and OOo1 by following the instructions here:
http://www.8daysaweek.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4
http://www.8daysaweek.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=427

Then re-install. Hopefully this should fix the problem.

HTH,
James :)
Win7 / LO 3.5.5.3
James

STLPORT_VC7145.DLL missing on install of 2.2.1

Postby rossnixon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:47 am

makfrag wrote:Hi , I have the same problem with yvonne, I also run on Win Me and I have installed the Oo 2, the latest version, it was working for a while but I have encountered a problem concerning the Oo 1.1 files which couldn't be opened...so I have done a repair to the installation of Oo 2 and now is asking for the STLPORT_VC7145.DLL......and nothing is working...please help me!!

I don't know if I should continue an old thread, but this has happened to me in the last day or so. I installed the new 2.2.1 release over top of the RC2 version. Trying to open an ods file, I got the above DLL missing. I fixed this by renaming a shortname version of the file (stlpor~1.dll), and about half a dozen other missing dlls - it was easy to match the missing longname dlls with the shortname dlls that are in my "program" folder. But now when I try to open the ods file, nothing happens. I still have some shortname dlls that I need the longname of.

BEHELP~1.DLL
CONFIG~1.DLL
IMPLRE~1.DLL
LOCALE~5.DLL
NESTED~1.DLL
REGTYP~1.DLL
SAXUNO~1.DLL
SECURI~1.DLL
SERVIC~1.DLL
SHLIBL~1.DLL
SIMPLE~1.DLL
SYSMGR~1.DLL
TYPECO~1.DLL
TYPEMG~1.DLL
URIPRO~1.DLL

Half way thru making this list, I realised that I have RC3 installed on another computer so I should be able to get the names off there.
That is, assuming this Win 98 SE install uses the same files as Win 2K.
rossnixon

Re: STLPORT_VC7145.DLL missing on install of 2.2.1

Postby rossnixon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:11 pm

rossnixon wrote:I don't know if I should continue an old thread, but this has happened to me in the last day or so. I installed the new 2.2.1 release over top of the RC2 version. Trying to open an ods file, I got the above DLL missing. I fixed this by renaming a shortname version of the file (stlpor~1.dll), and about half a dozen other missing dlls - it was easy to match the missing longname dlls with the shortname dlls that are in my "program" folder. But now when I try to open the ods file, nothing happens. I still have some shortname dlls that I need the longname of.

Half way thru making this list, I realised that I have RC3 installed on another computer so I should be able to get the filenames off there.
That is, assuming this Win 98 SE install uses the same files as Win 2K.

Renamed the files, opened and edited my ods file OK. Fingers crossed there are no more problems.
rossnixon

Return to Using OpenOffice.org Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw & Base